At CoderZ/Intelitek we are taking proactive steps to protect privacy, taking into consideration the new rules and regulations regarding the collection, storage, processing and protection of data.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected] .
WHAT INFORMATION DOES INTELITEK COLLECT?
The Information we gather from Users enables Intelitek to improve our services and to allow our Users to set up accounts on the Website. In connection with the Website, we request and display some Information to other Users of the Website, which allows Users to identify artists on the Website.
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information You enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Information collected include, without limitation, your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP address, browser information, password, contact information, credit card or bank account information, transactional information based on your activities on the Website, and media consumed on the Website including, but not limited to, media viewed, played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then You may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever You interact with our Website or services. Intelitek automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Intelitek cookie information, the page You requested, and the media You have consumed (e.g., viewed, played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared).
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show.
- This site uses multiple customer experience analytics services. These services help us analyze how visitors use our Website. We do not collect through these services or transfer to such services any personal identifiable information. We only use these services to record, on an anonymous basis, information such as mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as non-Personally Identifiable Information text You type in this website.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Intelitek cookies do not collect Information, and except as necessary to investigate claims of fraud or other misconduct or as otherwise necessary to track purchases for purposes of calculating credit under our affiliate program (if and when we have such a program), we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal Information to tell us who You are or what your screen name or email address is.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in an email to you to tell us when you have displayed that page or opened that email.
HOW DOES INTELITEK USE MY INFORMATION?
The Information You provide is used for purposes such as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the content You see, and communicating with You.
Intelitek may use all of the Information that we collect from our Users to understand usage trends and consumer and customer preferences, to improve the way the Website works and looks, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionalities.
Intelitek may use automatically collected information and cookies information to: (a) remember your information so that You will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time You visit the Website; (b) provide custom, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
Intelitek may use your email address or other personally identifiable information provided by You for promotional purposes or to communicate with You with information about a specific program or feature You have elected to participate in or receive information about.
WILL INTELITEK SHARE ANY OF THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an integral part of our business, and we may share such Information with other affiliated and non-affiliated entities which may also include dealers or support providers.
Is this sufficient?
Third Party Service Providers
We may use a variety of third-party service providers, such as email services to send email, analytics companies to understand our Website usage, and social networking platforms to host our videos. We may allow third-party service providers to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Website. This technical information is collected directly and automatically by these third parties.
We use third party services to implement our Website and all of its associated services and features, including (but not limited to) Amazon Web Services (for website hosting and data storage), Pardot (for sending email), Jaco (for session recording), ZenDesk (for customer support), Segment (for app integration), and Google Analytics (for understanding how our Website is being used). Personal data will be used and stored by these third parties solely in context as an implementation services provider to CoderZ and its affiliates, but these third parties will not receive any ownership or have any other rights to access or use this personal data. We do not allow advertising on our Website, and we do not have the ability to collect your web search history across third-party Internet websites or search engines. However, if you navigate to the CoderZ Website via a web search, your web browser may automatically provide to us the web search term you used in order to find CoderZ. Because CoderZ does not display advertising or track browsing on third party sites, we do not do anything different in response to “do not track” signals transmitted by web browsers.
IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your CoderZ account Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to protect unauthorized access to your account and Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after You have finished accessing your account
Intelitek attempts to protect User information to ensure that User account information is kept private; however, Intelitek cannot guarantee or ensure the security of User account information. Not even the U.S. government appears capable of securing highly sensitive personal and national security information from unauthorized access, use, and exploitation. Unauthorized entry or use by third parties, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of User information at any time, including your Information.
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Intelitek may allow You to access certain information about You through the member dashboard and/or customer accounts, for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Website is hosted in the United States. If You are a customer or client accessing the Website from the United States, European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, then please note that You are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions.
By providing your personal data to Intelitek through the Website, You consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
* * *
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Policy
What Information is Collected and How it is Used
The Application is a website application whose primary audience is school students and their teachers. Below we summarize potential instances of collection and outline how and when we will provide parental notice and/or seek parental consent. In any instance that we collect personal information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the activity request or allow the child to continue to participate in the activity, and ensure the security of our users and our services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection.
Children can register as a Member of our site to use the Application to develop software for robotic projects. During the registration process, we ask users provide certain information for notification and security purposes, including a parent or guardian’s email address, a username (using an alias), and password. We strongly advise children never to provide any personal information (e.g. actual name) in their usernames. Please note that children can choose whether to share their information with us, but certain features cannot function without it. As a result, children may not be able to access certain features if required information has not been provided.
Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, on any child-targeted site or application, or in any instance where we ask for age and determine the user is age 12 or under, we ask for a parent or guardian email address before we collect any personal information from the child. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].com. We will not use parent emails provided for parental consent purposes to market to the parent, unless the parent has expressly opted in to email marketing or has separately participated in an activity that allows for such email contact.
We will ask for birth dates from users only to validate their ages before entering a purchasing area on the Website.
Content Generated by a Child
Activities on our site allow children to develop software code and save it in the on-line Application. Some of these activities do not require children to provide any personal information and therefore may not result in notice to the parent or require parental consent. Intelitek will review any published content. If there is information that does not meet COPPA laws, the content will immediately be made private and an email will be sent to the parent/guardian.
About Verifiable Parental Consent
Email Consent. In the event Intelitek wishes to collect personal information from a child, COPPA requires that we first seek a parent or guardian’s consent by email. In the email we will explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, how the parent can provide consent, and how the parent can revoke consent. If we do not receive parental consent within a reasonable time, we will delete the parent contact information and any other information collected from the child in connection with that activity.
High-Level Consent. In the event Intelitek collects personal information from a child that will be posted publicly, we will seek a higher level of consent than email consent. Such “high-level” methods of consent include but are not limited to:
Providing a consent form to be signed by the parent and returned via U.S. mail, fax, or electronic scan;
Requiring the parent, in connection with a monetary transaction, to use a credit card, debit card, or other online payment system that provides notification of each discrete transaction to the primary account holder;
Verifying a parent’s identity by checking a form of government-issued identification against databases of such information, provided that you promptly delete the parent’s identification after completing the verification.
Teacher consent in lieu of a parent. With regard to school-based activities, in certain cases COPPA allows teachers and school administrators to act in the stead of parents to provide consent for the collection of personal information from children. Schools should always notify parents about these activities and should ensure that they have received all required parent or guardian consents.
For contests, we may require only the information necessary for a child to participate, such as first name (to distinguish among family members) and parent email address (to notify the parent where required by law). We only contact the parent for more personalized information for prize-fulfillment purposes when the child wins the contest or sweepstakes.
Of course, some contests ask the child to submit their own created content along with the child’s entry. In those instances, we may require parental consent prior to submission.
Email Contact with a Child
On occasion, in order to respond to a question or request from a child, We may need to ask for the child’s online contact information, such as an email address. We will delete this information immediately after responding to the question or request.
In connection with certain activities or services, we may collect a child’s online contact information, such as an email address, in order to communicate with the child more than once. In such instances we will retain the child’s online contact information to honor the request and for no other purpose such as marketing. One example would be a newsletter that provides occasional updates about a site, activity, new feature or character. Whenever we collect a child’s online contact information for ongoing communications, we will simultaneously require a parent email address in order to notify the parent about the collection and use of the child’s information, as well as to provide the parent an opportunity to prevent further contact with the child. On some occasions a child may be engaged in more than one ongoing communication, and a parent may be required to “opt-out” of each communication individually.
When children interact with us, certain information may automatically be collected, both to make the Application more interesting and useful to children and for various purposes related to our business. Examples include the type of computer operating system, the child’s IP address or mobile device identifier, the web browser, the frequency with which the child visits various parts of our sites or applications, and information regarding the online or mobile service provider. This information is collected using technologies such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and other unique identifiers. This information may be collected by Intelitek or by a third party. This data is principally used for internal purposes only, in order to:
• provide children with access to features and activities on our sites and applications
• customize content and improve our sites and applications
• conduct research and analysis to address the performance of our sites and applications
• generate anonymous reporting for use by Intelitek.
In the event we collect (or allow others to collect) such information from children on our sites and applications for other purposes, we will notify parents and obtain consent prior to such collection.
The list of third-party operators who collect persistent identifiers on our sites and applications may be found here.
Please contact us at the mailing address, email, or phone number below with questions about the operators’ privacy policies and collection and use practices:
18 Tsienneto Road
Derry, NH 03038
United States of America
Toll Free: 800-221-2763 / Phone: 603-413-2600 / Fax: 603-437-2137
Email: [email protected]
When Information Collected From Children Is Available To Others
In addition to those rare instances where a child’s personal information is posted publicly (after receiving high-level parental consent), we also may share or disclose personal information collected from children in a limited number of instances, including the following:
- We may share information with our service providers if necessary for them to perform a business, professional, or technology support function for us.
- We share shipping information with third party suppliers and distributors who help us fulfill book, poster and merchandise orders. Third party intermediaries do not store, retain, access or otherwise use customer other than as necessary to provide you with the Intelitek Service.
- We may disclose personal information if permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal information collected from children (i) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (ii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our sites or applications; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (iv) enable us to take precautions against liability.
Parental Choices and Controls
At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect further personal information from their children in association with a particular account, and can request that we delete from our records the personal information we have collected in connection with that account. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other service.
Where a child has registered for a CoderZ account, we use two methods to allow parents to access, change, or delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from their children,
1. Parents can access their child’s personal information by logging on to the child’s account through the CoderZ profile page. Parents will need their child’s username and password. To reset a password if the child cannot recall it visit: http://play.gocoderz.com/#/account/forgot.
2. Parents can contact Customer Services to request access to, change, or delete their child’s personal information by sending an email to us at [email protected].
Parents of CoderZ/Intelitek users can contact Intelitek at:
18 Tsienneto Road
Derry, NH 03038
United States of America
Toll Free: 800-221-2763 / Phone: 603-413-2600 / Fax: 603-437-2137
Email: [email protected]
In any correspondence such as e-mail or mail, please include the child’s username and the parent’s email address and telephone number. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify a parent’s identity before granting access to any personal information.
* * *
Last updated: May 25, 2018*
* Updated to include changes based on standards in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to give users more control over their personal data